Table Service is a new feature available to restaurants using Redbox. While sitting at a table in your restaurant customers can place an order through the app or website and pay for their order online.
Running your table service orders through the ordering app has many benefits:
- Your restaurant is a safer place to visit and your customers feel more comfortable as your staff are moving around your restaurant less.
- You need fewer waiting staff to manage your tables and orders.
- Orders come to the same terminal that you use for delivery and collection.
- Orders are more accurate and it is easier for large groups to order together.
- Customers who order over an app are more likely to add extras and sides to their order, which increases overall order value.
- Your customers are more likely to order a second round of drinks or dessert, as they don’t have to wait for the dessert menu or a member of staff to take their order. Ask about our reordering feature.
- Your restaurant will show on the Table Service list in the app, which customers can use to browse restaurants where they can safely order.
- All orders have already been paid for, so customers don’t have to wait for the bill before they can leave.
- You can specify which menus are for Table Service only, which means you can list menu items for Table Service separately to your delivery menu if needed.
When your customer orders for Table Service they have to select the table number that they are sat at. To enable this on your restaurant you just need to set your table numbers on your outlet:
- Login to Redbox.
- Navigate to Restaurants > Outlets > Table Service.
- Enable Order To Table on your outlet (if this is not available ask your marketplace about enabling Table Service for you).
- Add your table numbers or names to your list of available tables.
To change which menus are available for Table Service you simply change the fulfilment methods on the menu:
Your table service orders can be managed on your terminal alongside your other orders:
Other important info about table service:
- Table service supports ASAP orders only, so orders can only be placed while you are within your opening times. Please review your opening times to ensure customers will be able to order to their table at the correct time.
- Customers do not select a time when they place a table service order, they will just see the next available ASAP slot (based on your outlet prep time) as an estimate, so you are free to manage your table service orders as you need to. You cannot change the time on a table service order.
- Table service orders will arrive on your terminal as normal, but they will have a knife and fork icon when viewed in the ‘all’ tab.
- On your terminal you will be able to see the table number or name that the order needs to be taken to, and the time the customer placed the order so you can see which order was placed first.
- Customers still receive notifications for their orders so they know when it has been accepted and is ready.
- You can reject a table service order, but before you do it is good to explain to the customer in person why you need to reject the order.
- If a table is not available, you can disable it in the management portal and your customers will be unable to select this table until you enable it again.